Feb March 2026 Arunachal Pradesh

 31st July 2026 is the date this is being written. 

Just noticed that my blog for February March 2026 is just not there. Too far back to remember what, why, and, how.

So will just try and get it all down again. The pictures and places for sure.

Will be done in bits and pieces. Will keep publishing, so nothing written goes missing !! While traveling, writing is a natural activity. Goes extremely well with the setting sun, and, the drink. Now, recalling detail when in the right frame of mind, without a drink in hand, complex.

The plan was to fly to Dibrugarh. My daughter would have her Thar waiting for me. I would take the vehicle and drive East. The target was Kibithoo.

Got ticketing done. About a week before the trip, the Gods spoke. My daughter wanted dates changed as she was traveling out of Kaziranga when I was to be there. We worked around dates. Kept the total number of days the same. Optimized together time. My flight tickets stayed the same. Which was stupid, but, at that time no clue why we never thought of it.

And, had my hotel bookings changed. Very necessary. 

I was now supposed to fly into Dibrugarh. Then take a taxi to Kaziranga. Spend a few days there. Then take the Thar East. Never struck me that I could change my ticket to land in either Guwahati or Jorhat, save travel time to Kaziranga. Should have. Because, the taxi I picked took 6 hours for 220 kilometers of 4 lane National Highway. 

Anyways, couple of days later, got a call from my daughter to explain that the gear box of the Thar seemed to have an issue. Her vehicle is used in very telling terrain. Possible the issue was not noticed till it got into civilization.

Net result, it was good that the dates changed. Gave the Thar time to get fixed. The Gear Box assembly needed to be replaced. The casing had a crack, and oil had almost leaked dry. Given a little more time, the system would have seized.

Like I said, the Gods spoke !!!

25th February 2026

Took the early morning flight to Dibrugarh. It goes via Guwahati. Like I said, would have been faster to get off, and drive two hours to Kaziranga. But then, sometimes being stupid is good. Teaches you to recheck plans.

The taxi sent by from Kaziranga was waiting, so was able to get on the highway half an hour after touch down.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaziranga - Kohora Bagori and Agarotoli

Nagpur and Hyderabad

Valparai-Athiralappy-Parambikulam Jan-Feb 2020