Rishikesh II

What a great day yesterday was.

Woke up at a relaxed 0600 hours. Late as far as the last 10 days have been.

Went down to the common area for coffee. Carried my own Tata Grand, as the Nescafe is just not right. And tea here is milk filled.

Data signals were great, so got to post my blog for yesterday.



Went down to check on my vehicle. And, show you the path up.





Had a very very heavy breakfast. These guys feed you. Two eggs, two slices of toast, one aloo parotha - full of aloo, and a banana.

Did not move for the next hour.

Around 11am, headed out on a walk up a steep gravel  road, and then on to a narrow steeper path. Nearly fell a few times, but was on the whole okay. The path joined back to the road, where I met the Isaraeli couple who had left a while before me.

The road went up for about 45 minutes, till it hit a small genuine farm house. By then, I was drenched in sweat, cobwebs all over my head and arms. Sat around for a while before heading back.




Came back down by a different path pointed out to us by the grand old lady of the farm. It had us walking thru a few fast flowing streams, cold water. Fortunately, no loose stones. Stable stream bottoms.




Got back to the resort and went into the pool for a while. Cold water, but rejuvenating. Washed off all the sweat, cobwebs and what have you. Just to refresh memory !!

Went back and thawed out with a hot bath.

Lunch was the standard dal 2 sabjis and roti. Have not had rice in a while. Not feeling any worse in my head. 

Left for Rishikesh at 5pm to see the Aarthi at Triveni Ghat. Got there well in time to walk the banks of the Ganges for a while and have a long sit down with my feet in the water. Clean water. A bit muddy because of the rains, but clean.





The Aarthi started at 6.45 pm. Was a moving experience. The last time I had been to one of these was in 2009 with Uma. That had us pissed off as there were VIP seats and such irritants. This was clean. There are steps. You sat down as you came in. Free flowing. Beautiful. Really liked what I saw.




Had a deal with the local auto guy who dropped me to pick me up again. Sure he ripped me off, but was worth it. I had been driven down to the main road from the resort in their Bolero. And, walked to pick up an auto earlier. Timing on the way back was perfect. Called when I left the ghat. By the time I got to the pick up spot, the Bolero was there.


Now for a lazy day, as of now.

Leave tomorrow for Rudraprayag.

Just heard a Cheetal call. Hope remains !!!

Comments

  1. Now you are getting to the swing of your reporting.. Thoroughly enjoyed your photos and commentary.. Try and send a video now and then (when not behind the wheel).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chicham Day 3 - Day of the Blue Sheep

Kufri into Kaza

Into Masai Mara