Road South - Ujjain

Sterling Mount Abu was a pleasant experience. They had a bar. It stocked good beer. And, decent whiskey. Their chef was accessible. Flexible enough to make food out of the menu card. And, they packed me a breakfast box. Complimentary. 

Before that, my lunch plus dinner bill at Sterling cost less than the curd rice lunch at Mahindra Jaisalmer !!!! Had mutton for lunch and Fish for dinner at Sterling.

Went to hand in my key before I left this morning. Was handed my breakfast pack. Got to look in only when I got down from the mount. Had asked for two sandwiches and two boiled eggs. The pack had 6 sandwiches and ten eggs. Maybe they felt I was undernourished !!

The road took me east past Udaipur, till Chittorgarh. About 70 kilometers from Chittorgarh, google maps did it's thing. Sent me up a left swinging ramp onto a highway heading directly north. Then made me do a U-turn 10 kilometers up the road. Then, wanted me to do another U-turn. Serious piss off. 

Saw a lorry parked. Stopped and asked the driver. He pointed in the direction I had come from, north. Explained the route to the last kilometer. The reason I had followed the first U-turn was that my road should be heading east and south. Not north.

The turn east would come just before Chittorgarh, before the road again branched me south. Suppose the terrain and traffic loads had dictated the highways.

Beautiful run between Udaipur and Chittorgarh. Continuous chain of low hills thru which the highway runs. Great driving, with no traffic to talk about. 

Once the turn off towards Indore happened, saw why maps had gone mad. There was a tiny road joining from the west, coming from Udaipur. Could not see much saving in distance. Not in time for sure. But, madness explained.

Traffic started to pick up as I entered Madhya Pradesh and did not stop till I got to the hotel. 

Staying at a place called Anjushree, on the highway. It is just past Ujjain, after the Inner ring road joins the highway. Large place. Well laid out. Basement parking. Multiple dining areas. And, a bar, which I did not visit. Large rooms. Great shower.

Tomorrow, hopefully back to widlife. 

Comments

  1. That was short and sweet.... Did you visit the kal bairav temple near Ujjain.... You must.... It's the patron God of all Tipplers... And pay your tithe.... In the form of liquor....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chicham Day 3 - Day of the Blue Sheep

Kufri into Kaza

Into Masai Mara